If there were 10 commandments of wine what would they be? Do you already follow the most important principles to know about wine? Find out.
The 10 Commandments of Wine
1. Honor thy wine
2. Expand thy palate
Try a new and different wine variety, style, region or country every couple of weeks. Your effort to try new things will make your life richer and it will expand your perspective. There are so many different types of wine to try, why stop now?
3. Respect your limits
If you don’t, you’ll regret it.
4. Not all wines are created equal
A great wine is not expensive, but it’s also not cheap.
5. Share thy wine
Unlock Rhône Valley Secrets
Discover the wines and regions of France's Rhône Valley wine region.Buy Map
6. Respect thy neighbor’s taste
Everyone’s taste is unique due to heritage, preference and personal experience. Also, our sense of taste changes slowly over time, so those who say they hate a wine, might end up eating their words.
7. Wine deepens experience and experience deepens wine
8. Ye shall drink a glass of water with every glass of wine
9. Enjoy young wines, savor middle-aged wines, and honor very old wines
10. Wine never stops changing
Improve Your Wine Smarts
Find more wines that you’ll love and love more wines that you find.
Have a commandment to add? Add it below!