In the video below you’ll learn how to easily remove labels from wine bottles. All you need is an oven, a knife, and something to attach the label to once it’s removed.
Steps to Remove a Wine Label
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Put (empty) wine bottle in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove wine label. (it should easily peel off)
- Stick wine label to something else.
- Do a celebratory dance. (every good list has 5 items, right?)
Why remove a wine label?
You may be wondering why you’d want to remove a wine label. Some people collect prestigious wine labels like little trophies. Others keep scrapbooks of their favorite wines. Or perhaps you want to re-use the wine bottle and don’t want any labels on it. When I was going for my Sommelier certification, I’d use wine labels like flash cards by gluing them to pieces of stock paper and writing notes on the back about the region and producer.