View updated food & wine pairing chart >
Need a reference guide for your dinner plans? Download the Wine and Food Pairing Chart to help you pick what to drink. Find the right wine to pair with fish, chicken, vegetable dishes and more.
v.1 Wine and Food Pairing Chart
v.2 Wine and Food Pairing Poster
Learn to Match Wine and Food
- Get basics of wine and food pairing above
- Then check out 6 Expert Flavor Matching Tips
- Get inspired to drink more bubbly with 10 Unique Champagne Pairings
- See examples of sommelier recommended Restaurant Wine Pairings
Why Not Chocolate and Red Wine!?
After taking a look at the chart, there are a few things that you’ll notice about pairing wine and food. Despite the common misconception that red wine and chocolate are best friends, this pairing is actually difficult to pull off. The bitter flavors in the chocolate multiply with bitter tannins in the wine, which makes the entire pairing taste too bitter. See wine expert Madeline lose it on camera with Chocolate Wine.
- White wines tend to pair better with lighter foods such as green veggies and fish
- Keep clear of red wine and fish for the most part unless it’s a rich not-so-fishy fish
- Sparkling wine pairs with a wide variety of foods because it acts as a palate cleanser