Discover the wines of Conegliano Valdobbiadene
The Conegliano Valdobbiadene Wine Region Guide offers a comprehensive exploration of the region, featuring over hundreds of wineries making Prosecco Superiore.
Conegliano Valdobbiadene is the heartland of Prosecco. The small, 30 x 25 km wide jewel is Italy’s crown of sparkling wine. If you’re looking for an intense-yet-refined aromatic bubbly, you’ve come to the right place.
Dive into everything about Prosecco Superiore. The guide integrates dynamic data from Conegliano Valdobbiadene’s wineries with useful, expert-made information to help you find what you like.
Fun facts about Valdobbiadene
- The hills of Valdobbiadene are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- It’s a 40-minute drive from Venice.
- People have been growing grapes here for over 3000 years.
- 100% of the wine made in this DOCG is white.
- 93% of the wine made here is sparkling.
- Glera is the most planted grape and was called “Prosecco” until 2009.
- The area under vine is 21,500 acres (8,172 ha).
- There are over 1600 grape growers in the region.
- Over 7,000 people work in the Prosecco Superiore wine industry.
Explore Prosecco in a brand new way. Explore the Conegliano Valdobbiadene Wine Region Guide from Wine Folly.
Get the Wine 101 Course ($100 value) FREE with the purchase of Wine Folly: Magnum Edition.Shop Now