Champagne Will Never Explode With This Trick
Never fear a bottle of sparkling wine again with this awesome tip! A one-minute video shows how anyone can keep Champagne from exploding while you’re opening it.
Step by Step
Here’s a convenient summary of everything you should do.
- Keep your sparkling wine extra cold (but don’t freeze it!) The colder the wine is, the less pressure it will have.
- Remove the foil and untwist the tab with 6 rotations. Leave the cage and cork together.
- While holding the cage and cork firmly with one hand, rotate the base of the bottle.
- Apply resistance as the cage and cork push out so the wine opens with a slow “pffffft!”
- Hold bottle at a 45° angle so that bottle pressure doesn’t bubble out.
- Why Wine Glasses Matter
- Find out why wine glasses make a sizable difference to the way wine tastes. Also, is there a difference between stemmed and stemless glasses?
- Wine Temperature
- Turns out, we should all be putting red wine in the fridge for 15–30 minutes prior to opening it.
- Champagne Tricks
- Open a bottle of Champagne safely, even after shaking it.
- Decanting Wine
- Pretty much all wine is better when decanted because of certain chemical reactions that happen when wine is exposed to oxygen.
Get The Book
Hands down, the best beginner book about wine. International bestseller. By the creators of Wine Folly’s award-winning site.