Beginner's Guide to Wine
Develop Your Sense of Taste
- The Wine Tasting Method (Video)
- Tips on Tasting: Wine Bouquet vs Aroma
- Learn How to Taste Wine and Develop Your Palate
- The Real Difference Between Flavor vs Taste
- How to Write Excellent Wine Tasting Notes
- Find Out if You’re a Wine Supertaster
- Identifying Flavors in Wine
- 7 Wine Faults and How to Sniff Them Out
The Essential Guide to Wine
If you're looking for a book that will help you become confident with wine, check out Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine. It's packed with useful information, infographics and maps that will help you find great wines and seek out good quality.
We're delighted to mention that it's also a New York Times Bestseller and Amazon Top Cookbook of 2015. Feel free to check out other reader's reviews on Amazon and add your own!
Wine and Food Pairing
- Never Fear The Grill: Wine Pairings with Barbecue
- 6 Tips on Pairing Wine and Cheese
- What Wines To Pair With Chocolate?
- Pairing Bold Red Wines With Vegetarian (or Vegan) Food
- Food and Wine Pairing Basics (Start Here!)
- Herb and Spice Pairings with Wine
- 20 Amazingly Simple Food and Wine Pairing Ideas
- DIY Food and Wine Pairing Experiment
- It’s All About The Sauce: Pairing Wine with Lamb, Steak, and Other Red Meat
- Simple Science of Food and Wine Pairing
- 3 Useful Tips on Reading Wine Labels
- The Secret to Finding Great (Value) Wine
- 2017 Wine Buying Guide
- Reality of Wine Prices (What You Get For What You Spend)
- Dear Delicious Cheap Wine, Stop Lying To Me
- A Pragmatic Approach to Using Wine Ratings
- Buying Wedding Wines: What to Get and How Much
- 120 Most Common Wine Descriptions (Infographic)
How to Become a Wine Expert
Want to work in the wine business? Here are a few articles that will help you succeed.
Why Learn About Wine
Enhances Social Experiences
At its heart wine is a beverage best enjoyed in the company of others. A little bit of wine knowledge goes a long way by opening doors to new flavors and styles. Exploring wine is an inexhaustible adventure for which you'll need to enlist your friends and family.
Confidence Buying Wine
No one likes to go to the wine aisle and feel overwhelmed. Have you bought wine based on arbitrary ratings, ambiguous tasting notes, or the label? How would you like to walk in, confidently find your favorite wines, and leave 100% satisfied?
Improve Ability to Taste / Smell
Tasting/smelling wine doesn't have to be an exercise in snobbery. It only takes a brief pause to develop an awareness of what you're drinking. Knowing what you like will make it much easier to consistently find similar wines. This isn't limited to wine, learning a few basics can improve the taste/smell of just about anything.
Personal Challenge / Satisfaction
The wine world is immense. We like to see this as an opportunity rather than an obstacle. Do you have a favorite sports team, fashion designer, tv chef, or movie director? What if I told you that there are celebrity winemakers and that if you found your favorite winery/winemaker you'd never have to drink bad wine again?